Siding is a great way to update the look of your home. There are numerous styles and colors available today to help you truly transform the curb appeal of your property. Vinyl, composite, and fiber cement (James Hardie) are the most popular siding materials for obvious reasons. They are highly cost-effective and require very minimal maintenance.
1. Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding comes in a wide range of styles, textures, and colors, including horizontal and vertical panels and wood styles. The cost of vinyl siding ranges from low to moderate depending on the style you go for. The great thing about vinyl is it’s a low-maintenance siding material and can last as long as 50 years.
2. Composite Siding
Composite wood is a durable exterior siding material made of compressed and bonded scrap wood. It’s then treated with chemicals to ward of insects and fungi, making it more durable than regular wood siding. Composite often comes pre-primed and ready to paint on-site. You can also opt for options which are already finished with one of the many styles mimicking real wood.
Composite siding provides exceptional protection against weather elements such as water, heat, wind, and debris. This siding material can enhance the style of your house and present embossed or smooth textures available in an array of colors and styles. Composite siding can last up to 30 years and require repainting every five to 10 years.
3. Fiber Cement Siding (James Hardie)
James Hardie® is a reputable siding company and has been around for more than 100 years. The superior fiber cement siding product from James Hardie continually beats other siding options in performance, durability, and aesthetics. With the HardieZone® System, you can rest assured you’re getting the right siding product, no matter where you’re located. James Hardie products are engineered to withstand cold and wet conditions, making them ideal for the Indianapolis, IN weather. Other benefits of fiber cement siding include:
- Designed to last: With its resistance to weather, warping, and rotting, fiber cement siding won’t subject your house to hail damage or expansion and contraction.
- Aesthetically pleasing: James Hardie products mimic real wood without all the maintenance issues.
- Great ROI: If you plan to sell your home in the future, this product offers a great return on investment.
- Backed by superior warranties: James Hardie offers an impressive 30-year, non-prorated warranty plus a 15-year finish warranty. This ensures you’re protected against installation and material defects.
Since 1991, Moss Roofing has been installing top-quality siding products for our local customers in Indianapolis, IN. Whether it’s siding replacement or repair, we can bring to life whatever siding style you envision for your home. Our experienced specialists will work with you in exploring your options to help you find the perfect siding for your Indiana home. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!